– Bar Muscle Up
– Ring Muscle Up
For most athletes, a lot of your Ring Muscle Up work will take place on rings with your feet on the ground, so don’t freak out! It’ll be focused on a more strict and stable skill progression built for all levels! For those swinging through the air, you need to feel really confident about your ring dip strength and stability. Coaches will be assisting you to the top of the rings!
For Bar Muscle Up work, you’ll be taking advantage of the full spectrum of pull up variations and progressions. We’ve done a lot of this, so it’ll look very familiar.
For folks who need to work on more traditional strength and stability in gymnastics movements, do the drills you can and then move over to the accessory work.
For advanced athletes who have mastered these movements, you want to move onto Ring Muscle Ups and practice the skill in a couple of ways:
1) Repeat explosives
2) Max rep sets with optimal rest
3) Accumulate a set volume for time
Ring Muscle Up
Snatch – 135/95
– leave this up to your coach to decide what will work best in any class.
– make videos of RMU attempts so we can dissect what we need to work on!
20 min AMRAP
5 C2B Pull Ups
10 Plyometric Push Ups
15 Hollow Rocks
5×3-8; all heavy
– between sets, do 15-20 GHD Sit Ups
Strict Pull Up
Bench Press @ BW (or scale for safety puposes)
– the safe word is "Parmesan Pomeranian"